A renovation can boost your home’s market value or add some much-needed life to your interior design. And given the limits on socializing these days, now is a perfect time to carry out such a project. Wondering where to start? We suggest the place you begin and end each day: your bathroom.
While many upgrades are possible, one that can wholly reinvent your bathroom space is a minimalist makeover. As we detail below, minimalism adheres to the principle “less is more.” And if you are unsure how that would work in your bathroom, turn to the design and renovation experts at HB Home Services. Our bathroom renovation services are sought after across Fairfax County, VA. We save our clients from the stress of home repair and renovation. Our friendly and accessible team brings years’ worth of experience and expertise to every job. Plus, if you contact us today, you can get a free estimate on your project plan.
Here, we take a closer look at how a minimalist design can transform your bathroom and your home:
What is a “Minimalist” Design?
The minimalist approach to design appeared in the late 1960s. And you have probably seen items or places created with or influenced by its principles. But what features, specifically, define this style?
Designers use minimalism to strip away extraneous and unneeded features. They might say it balances form with function so that one never outweighs the other. The results of this approach look sleek and reserved, though some people find them too stark or bare.
Many modern companies have taken these precepts to heart and built their image accordingly. The Google logo is one of the best-known instances: its name is simply spelled out in differently-colored letters. It is clean, uncomplicated, and instantly recognizable.
Minimalist Design Ideas for Your Bathroom
We have previously discussed several bathroom renovation ideas and outlined traditional, modern, and other styles. But given the distinct demands of the minimalist look, we believe this case calls for more specific details. So, below are a few minimalist bathroom ideas:
- Use a neutral color palette for the room. Avoid flashy colors: neutral tones work well with other minimalist features including black-and-white tiles, black countertops, and stainless steel fixtures.
- Invest in a functional and decorative tub and/or shower. Many minimalist bathrooms have a “statement” bathtub that draws guests’ eyes with its craftsmanship. If you don’t have space for a tub, you might incorporate a seat in your shower space.
- Both brass and mirrors appeal to minimalist aesthetics, so make use of both. You could add a full-length (or full-wall) mirror as well as a solid brass sink bowl.
If you don’t have the budget for a whole bathroom makeover, you can still incorporate elements that bring the minimalist spirit in. While we already discussed popular bathroom renovation ideas, we can now look at them through this new lens:
- Install either a large window to provide natural light or a unique lighting fixture. One fanciful fixture will be emphasized in an otherwise unadorned space.
- Increase the available space for storage. Maintaining a minimalist design calls for plain, modest surfaces. So, you’ll need plenty of space to put away towels, toothbrushes, and other toiletries.
- Tile your bathroom space. A stark black or white (or both) tile floor and/or wall creates that stripped-down, simple look.
Exceptional Bathroom Renovation Services Available in Fairfax County, VA
With time for renovations and upgrades now available, you can turn your attention to a bathroom remodel project. The minimalist style transforms your home’s environment, but it calls for careful planning and execution. Contact HB Home Services for bathroom renovation services and get expertise from Fairfax County and Northern Virginia’s experts. Call us today at (703) 764-0498 or fill out our online form.