Numerous considerations go into determining the siding that suits your home best. A multitude of colors, brands, and materials determine the functionality and attractiveness of your siding. These days, materials such as wood, vinyl, and metal are some of the best available options. Nonetheless, home siding replacement projects can feel a bit overwhelming without the help of a home services company.
HB Home Services is your number one contractor for home improvements, offering siding replacement and more for Great Falls, VA, homes. A family-owned business, we are dedicated to top-notch customer service and professionalism. Our expert technicians deliver high-quality craftsmanship in our installation, repair, and replacement services. Contact HB Home Services online or at (703) 764-0498 for a free estimate.
Below, we highlight the best siding options to consider in 2022:
Know What You Want from Your Siding
Different siding options come with distinct benefits. Before pursuing your next project, make a list of priorities you want to fulfill. Knowing the pros and cons of each option is imperative to choosing the right one for you. Keep this checklist in mind when determining your siding necessities:
- Durability against weather
- Color options
- Leak protection
- Fire and insect resistance
- Curb appeal
- Brand quality
If you need assistance with siding replacement and determining which type you want to install, then give HB Home Services a call. Our team of experts can help you identify your siding needs and how to address them.
The Pros and Cons of Different Materials
Each type of siding material presents pros and cons. Figuring out what works best for you will take time and careful consideration.
- Vinyl: Although the most economical of the materials, vinyl isn’t as durable as other premium materials. It does, however, come in an endless array of color options.
- Fiber Cement: Fiber cement is versatile, highly durable, and can mimic the look and feel of other materials, such as vinyl, cement, and wood. Some brands offer a wide variety of color and style options that can last over 30 years. Moreover, it’s strong against inclement weather. The downside is that it’s more expensive and requires more maintenance than options such as vinyl.
- LP Smartside: One of the best options for siding, LP Smartside is a durable, engineered hardwood. It often comes with a 50-year warranty and lasts over twice as long as cheaper vinyl. No replacement is needed, as homeowners can paint right over LP Smartside. While it’s relatively costly, you’re guaranteed to get your money’s worth.
- Wood: If you’re looking for an authentic and pleasant look for your siding, stained and textured wood are the best options. Those who strive to be eco-friendly can try wood, which is recyclable and requires simple repairs. It is, however, high-maintenance and needs to be re-stained or painted every couple of years.
- Metal: Metal is one of the most durable siding materials by far. It has a high up-front cost, but it’s solid and resistant to the elements, including insects. Once installed, it requires little maintenance. Moreover, it’s an eco-friendly option that can last over 50 years. But if you live in a wet climate, metal siding may rust over time.
- Brick: Brick is strong, timeless, and can complement your other siding. It keeps the central part of your home sturdy while offering a gorgeous, classic look. It’s low maintenance, energy efficient, and fire-resistant. However, it can be a bit pricey and may require re-mortaring.
- Stone Veneer: Stone veneer is made to look like authentic stone but in a more lightweight form. Moreover, it’s affordable and easy to install. The downside is it’s not very eco-friendly and is often susceptible to leaks.
Hiring HB Home Services, a professional contracting company, can ensure your siding is in pristine condition. We guarantee fast and effective installation as well as outstanding customer service. Taking advantage of the craftsmanship of general contractors ensures your housing project comes out just the way you envisioned it.
Your Local Home Siding Replacement Experts in Great Falls, VA
A home siding replacement project need not be a great hassle. HB Home Services can help homeowners in Great Falls, VA, to design, install, and maintain their newest project. Our team is committed to making your home renovation dreams come to life. Get your project started with HB Services and call us at (703) 764-0498 for a free estimate.